Breast Revision Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Malek is frequently regarded as on the top providers of breast revision Phoenix & Scottsdale have to offer. He specializes in the correction of unsatisfactory surgical results throughout the West Coast. Dr. Malek routinely accepts patients of other surgeons with difficult post-operative problems and surgical deformities. This includes over-dissected outside pockets, bottomed-out implants, double-bubble deformities, symmastia, wide cleavage, asymmetry and malposition of implants.
Using his surgical and diagnostic expertise, Dr. Malek will carefully examine you and identify the cause of your prior surgical outcome. He can then outline the most appropriate corrective procedure to improve your aesthetic result and overall satisfaction. This may include choosing the correct size of breast implants for you and possibly internal reconstruction of the implant pocket. Corrective surgery can also include improved positioning of the nipple-areola or revision of prior breast lift scars with modification if excess skin requires removal.
Common Reasons for Breast Revision Surgery
When a breast augmentation produced disappointing results, in which the breasts were uneven, shifted, became rippled or other problem, Dr. Malek’s skills at breast revision can restore and revitalize your appearance and create the breasts you want for yourself. Quite simply, breast revision surgery becomes necessary when an earlier surgery was botched, leaving the breasts appearing uneven, scarred, rippled, unnatural, too large, or too small. When a breast revision surgery is necessary, the outcome is extremely important. It is imperative that you call upon a highly-skilled plastic surgeon to restore your breasts to a natural looking, pleasing, youthful appearance, with all flaws fully resolved.
En Bloc Breast Revision Surgery
After breast augmentation surgery, some women experience hardening, over-sensitivity, or breast asymmetry due to excess tissue developing around the implant. Over time, the tissue forms a capsule-like scar engulfing the implant. This is called capsular contracture.
In order to restore the breasts to their natural appearance after capsular contracture, Dr. Malek performs an en bloc capsulectomy to remove the implant, the extruded material, and the capsule in its entirety. By removing the scar and capsule, the remaining breast tissue and surrounding muscle are able to return to their original positioning within the chest wall.
The Art of Breast Revision
Breast revision surgery requires a high level of skill and artistry. Dr. Malek has a trained eye for aesthetics and will revise your new breasts to be harmonious and in balance with your body, for an aesthetic result that will restore your self-confidence in your appearance.
If the original plastic surgery performed on your breasts had a less than optimum outcome or degenerated over time, the most frequent causes include:
- Hardened scar tissue: Often due to poor healing, when a scar hardens it can pull the breast out of alignment, distort its shape, or cause it to lose its soft feel and natural motion. When a breast procedure is correctly performed, scarring is minimal, hidden beneath the natural fold of the breast or in the armpit.
- Misalignment or asymmetry: If breast surgery is not done with an intimate knowledge of the healing characteristics of skin and underlying dermis, the skin tightening that occurs during healing can leave the nipples incorrectly placed, or the breasts themselves uneven in shape and size.
- Poor implant positioning: Previous plastic surgery mispositioned the implants too low, too high or too close together, for an odd, unnatural look.
- Implants rotated: Some implant types placed in the past have rotated over time, distorting the shape of the breast, making it appear strange and uneven in shape or position.
- Faulty implants: Older implants may have leaked saline or silicone gel, and must be replaced.
- Wrong size implants: It is very important that a surgeon understands what his patient wants and the aesthetic balance created with the rest of the body. Without a true aesthetic sense, the implants may be the wrong shape for the body, too small, or too large. Dr. Malek uses digital imaging to accurately depict the size and shape of your breast revision, so you can make an informed decision.
- Replacing saline breast implants to silicone: As Dr. Malek is one of the top providers of breast revision Phoenix has to offer, he will discuss the various implant types and can advise you on what you may gain in a more natural feel and bounce when switching out implants from saline to silicone. Modern silicone implants are far different than those produced in the past, are available in a wide range of shapes and sizes, and are far more stable and resistant to leaking than in the past.
- A rippling appearance to the breast when body is in motion or turning: When a breast augmentation has led to the appearance of ripples, a revision surgery can restore your breasts to a natural appearance.
Your Individual Goals in Breast Revision Surgery
Every individual is unique in what is envisioned for breast size and shape. If you have had an earlier breast augmentation and were unhappy with the outcome, it is time to speak with a leader in the field of breast revision surgery. Dr. Malek is a highly-skilled plastic surgeon who is often called upon to perform revision surgeries when implants have gone wrong. You can be confident that your procedure will be performed by a surgeon who has an eye for beauty, focuses on patient health and safety, and is known for achieving aesthetic results. As such, if you are looking for the best breast lift Scottsdale has to offer, look no further than Dr. Marc Malek.