10 Reasons You Might Be a Good Candidate for Plastic Surgery
How do you know if you’re a good candidate for plastic surgery? Here are ten ways to find out.
- You really want a cosmetic procedure, meaning you fully understand the process, including the risks inherent in any surgery.
- You’re in good health. You’re not overweight, and you don’t suffer from diabetes, high blood pressure, or heart disease.
- Cosmetic surgery expenses will not strain your budget. Insurance often will not cover cosmetic surgery costs.
- You’ve found a surgeon you trust by researching his or her experience and references. Your confidence in your physician’s ability is key to a successful outcome. Note: Be sure your physician is certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- You can take the time to prepare for surgery. Get rest and relaxation before your procedure and eliminate smoking, drinking, and caffeine as much as possible.
- You have reasonable expectations – plastic surgery can dramatically improve appearance, but it does have limitations.
- You have no allergies to the material in any necessary implants.
- Ample recovery time is available. It’s important to allow yourself the time you need to recover, taking time off from work as necessary, which could be a few days or even weeks.
- You have supportive assistance. During the recovery period having someone available to lend a hand, prepare meals, or take you to doctor’s appointments may be necessary.
- You’re emotionally prepared and stable. If you’re undergoing a significant change such as divorce, job loss, or other life altering situations, this may not be the right time to schedule a procedure.
If you can answer yes to all of these points, then you are indeed a good candidate for plastic surgery.